Upcoming Program Year Events:
National Education Seminar - Pricing & Negotiating Commercial Item Contracts
NCMA Denver will be hosting the brand new National Education Seminar: Pricing and Negotiating Commercial Item Contracts on March 6, 2019 at Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. in Broomfield (10 Longs Peak Drive, BCH Auditorium) from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (MST). Each attendee will receive a copy of the Pricing & Negotiating Commercial Item Contracts workbook. Attendees will earn 7 CPEs by attending this one full-day seminar!
About the National Education Seminar (NES):
Provides hands-on experience in how commercial item contracts are priced and negotiated. Participants will in buyer and seller teams (either government-to-industry or business-to-business perspectives) to perform the following tasks:
- Analyze a request for proposal (RFP) for a portfolio of commercial items/services
- Apply the requirements of FAR Part 12, as applicable
- Identify specific performance and cost risks
- Consider value-based pricing
- Use price analysis techniques to develop a proposal
- Negotiate specific terms and conditions
This is a simulation based seminar to enhance the experience of the attendees.
- Assessing Commercial RFPs and Pricing Risk
- Conducting Initial Buyer-Seller Discussions
- Analyzing Commercial Prices and Preparing Proposals
- Negotiating Price
- Jami Dinsmore, NCMA Denver Chapter President
- Ashley Parker, NCMA Denver Chapter President-Elect
$130 members / $150 nonmembers registration fee includes the presentation, workbook, breakfast, lunch and snacks for the day.
Registration will open at 8 a.m. and the event will begin at 8:30 a.m.
Due to security requirements at Ball Aerospace pre-registration is required. You must be a U.S. Citizen and bring a valid Photo ID for check-in. Same day registration is not available.
Volunteers are always appreciated - contact NCMA Denver via email for information.